What is PPC?
Pay per click, or PPC advertising, is an advertising model where an advertiser pays each time their ad is clicked on. PPC allows advertisers to show their ads on search engines (like Google, Yahoo or Bing), when people search on keywords/phrases that are related to the products or services their business sells. You will most definitely have come across PPC ads:
Is PPC Right for You?
Pay per click advertising is an excellent way to get your brand in front of the people who are looking for the products or services you sell at the exact time they are searching for them. The tracking tools available mean it is possible to see exactly what a PPC campaign is driving in terms of sales or leads, this makes PPC a very viable solution for pretty much all businesses with an online presence.
What Are the Pros and Cons of PPC?
Pros of PPC
- Be Seen Instantly: Ads can show right away once your PPC campaign has been set up
- You Have Control: You choose the keywords to show ads for, the budget you wish to assign to the campaign and the message your ad contains
- The Flexibility is Infinite: You can show your ads at whatever times of day, or on whatever days of the week you wish and you can turn them off immediately
- Full Transparency: All of the tracking on offer means you can see which keywords, ads and settings are driving the most sales or leads
- Testing is Easy: You can easily test different elements in ad text, or keywords, to see which modifications deliver the best results
Cons of PPC
- It Can Be Competitive: The number of people competing for a spot in the Google ad results can make some clicks expensive. In particularly competitive industries the cost of a click can be in double figures, but it’s important to remember tracking means you can always monitor the profitability of a campaign
- Stopping PPC Can Mean Traffic Stops: If you are relying on a PPC campaign to drive traffic to your website, as soon as you stop, that traffic will also drop off, and your conversions will fall away too. It’s common to couple a PPC campaign with an SEO presence to avoid this
- PPC Needs Plenty of TLC: PPC campaigns need daily attention and often daily adjustments are necessary too. These changes, and this monitoring, can be particularly time consuming, especially if you are not familiar with PPC management software
- It Can Be Complicated: If you are not familiar with PPC management programmes or tools, they can be tricky to get to grips with, and can lead to costly mistakes or oversights when managing a campaign
If you’re interested in what PPC can do for your website then get in touch with us here at STAR Digital. We are a Google Partner and have Google Certified account managers who have year’s worth of experiencing managing both large and smaller-scale PPC campaigns.