2. The Information we collect
We only collect credit card information in order to process transactions using our virtual terminal software supplied by PayPal (Europe) A.a.r.l & Cie, S.C.A. STAR Digital Marketing Services Ltd does not retain any customer credit card or other financial information.
3. Why we collect it
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
4. Who we disclose it to
4.1 We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
4.2 If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
4.4 We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
5. Data Protection
STAR Digital Marketing Services is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details of the registration are available at www.dpr.gov.uk.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server - a device where one or more websites are stored - to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website is powered by the Joomla web Content Management System (CMS). By default, Joomla CMS automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Below, this cookie is referred to as a "session" cookie; that means, the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website.
However, an update to prevent this session cookie automatically appearing may become available during the coming weeks and months. We will then implement the update as soon as possible. The default Joomla session cookie will then only appear in your web browser if you choose to accept cookies from this website or log in to our website.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
• __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz = from Google Analytics. These cookies are installed in a visitor's web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We can then use the resulting data to generate reports that can help us improve the website experience. These cookies collect data anonymously; the resulting information allows us to identify the number of visitors who have come to the website, where visitors have come from, and which web pages visitors viewed while on our website.
• Joomla session cookies (for example: ddfd5b8e2eb21abeda21d8f744ea3c4a) = cookies that are part of Joomla website Content management System (CMS) for this installation, normally automatically installed into a visitor's web browser when visiting this website. The cookies are active only for the current session, and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you choose not to accept cookies, then only the standard Joomla session cookie will load and be active until you close your web browser, the website will not function as intended and some facilities will be unavailable.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Most browser companies provide instructions on disabling cookies on their web sites. The most popular browser companies are listed below;
• Google Chrome
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Apple Safari (OS X) (Apple Mac, etc)
• Apple Safari (IOS) (iPhone, iPad)
• Google Android
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing this update and is provided in good faith.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact Andrea Martin at the address below;
The Old Schoolhouse