Shopify Plus is an extended enterprise level commerce application that has been designed to make it simpler to sell online and in person. In February of 2017 Star Digital became one of the first Shopify Plus partners in the UK and we are looking forward to developing our Connector Plus agnostic systems integration software to open up this platform to larger and more complex merchant requirements. Whether you are looking to sell a million a year or a million a day, Shopify Plus is built to make delivery of those goals as low maintenance and cost efficient as possible. With over 2,500 clients using the Shopify Plus, Shopify is focussed on high growth, high volume merchants who don’t want the added complexity of ongoing hosting and maintenance charges – particularly software patching incidents that might be a threat to the security of their business. Shopify Plus – multi-device, omni-channel commerce at a fraction of the cost of other enterprise commerce solutions
Key Operational Advantages with Shopify PlusShopify Plus ships with core support and maintenance included covering the important operational cost base areas of;
- Application Management
- Database Administration
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Security Patching
- Security Auditing
- Application upgrades
- Application Bug Fixes
Who Should Look at Shopify Plus?
- The Shopify Plus environment is ideal for existing Shopify clients that are seeing high growth and moving through the £400K pa ceiling and require closer account management and access to merchant success managers to help them develop their commerce success.
- Merchants looking to migrate from other enterprise platforms that are adding to the cost base through excess development, hosting, support/patching costs and increasing licensing costs or speed issues would find it advantageous to do a cost comparison as part of any RFI process.
- Brands looking for speed to market for niche product or new product e-commerce or high volume flash sales. Brands who run their business on flash sale model should be aware that if you need it delivered fast, and able to cope with large campaign driven volumes, involving large email and TV campaigning Shopify Plus has a RESTful API that supports rapid integration and auto scaling high volume cloud hosting. It makes sense to have the Shopify Plus solution on your RFI.
Shopify Plus, today 9th March 2017, launched their B2B commerce solution for the Shopify Plus channel called ‘Wholesale Channel’. This all new channel can easily be added to Shopify Plus builds in the admin section at no extra cost and takes the Shopify Plus omni-channel commerce solution to new heights for enterprise level merchants. The software is designed to sync with an online store’s customers, products, and collections to allow Shopify Plus merchants to easily sell to their wholesale customers. Once installed, Wholesale Channel creates a password protected wholesale store. Merchants can then invite buyers to purchase their products at their assigned wholesale price. Merchants can customise prices offered to wholesale/trade buyers by:
- Setting percentage-based discounts across the entire store or across a collection.
- Setting variant-specific prices in price lists (such as a flat price).
- Providing different prices to different buyers.
- Setting a minimum order amount for all wholesale orders.
- All products offered at the same percentage discount.
- A set of collections (categories) of products offered at different percentage discounts.
- Specific products offered at set prices. Prices set on products will override any discounts applied.
Accepting payments outside of Shopify PlusBy default, the wholesale email invoices that Shopify Plus Wholesale Channel sends support credit card payments through your online checkout. They don’t allow your customers to use other payment methods such as net terms, direct payment, or bank transfer. You can still use draft orders to keep track of payments that you’ve received outside of Shopify. When you open a draft order, you have the following options:
- Click Pay with credit card to enter credit card payments in Shopify for sales you’ve made by phone, in person, or elsewhere.
- Click Mark as paid if you already received payment outside Shopify (such as a bank transfer or cheque).
- Click Mark as pending if payment will be received later (if you have implemented Net terms, for example). You can add a comment on the draft order if you want to keep track of the payment terms on the same draft order.