Northampton Leisure Trust operates a number of facilities under the Trilogy brand in partnership with Northampton Borough Council, Duston Parish Council, Northampton General Hospital and University of Northampton to provide active lifestyles in Northampton. Trilogy also wanted to appeal to their 55+ membership as this was seen as a gap in the market.
Keen to position Trilogy Leisure of being more than just a gym due to their excellent offerings that go well beyond just a standard gym such as fitness classes, swimming, racket sports and cinema, Trilogy tasks Star Digital with increasing gym sign up and increasing their brand awareness.
The Approach & Strategy
Star Digital work with Trilogy Leisure to identify key channels that would help them to achieve their overall objectives. Google Ads, and social media marketing (Facebook & Instagram) were the channels of choice. See below on how we set out our approach:
- Organised the Google Ad group per offering (swimming, racket sports, cinema etc) to easily manage these campaigns
- Implement long-tail keywords for our search campaigns to target customers further down the funnel
- Use display ads to stay top of mind in the Northampton area and to showcase Trilogy's extensive offerings
- Use display ads to retarget potential customers
Facebook & Instagram
- Drill down into Facebook's extensive targeting options to target people looking for healthy lifestyles and to get fitter
- Used Trilogy's offering of fitness classes and racket sports to showcase Trilogy as a gym for the community
- Implement look-a-like audiences to make the most of the algorithms and go beyond the 'normal' targeting options
To ensure constant results Star Digital implemented A/B testing on a weekly basis.
- Achieved a cost per conversion of £0.71 for specific summer campaigns
- Obtain a conversion rate of 14%+ in key campaigns throughout 2019
- Ran highly successful flash sales on Facebook and Instagram on various key dates throughout the year