Roadchef is one of the country’s dependable motorway services offering not only a break from the monotony of driving but a meeting place for those on their travels. Offering a wide range of services from well-known restaurants chains such as McDonalds to petrol stations along a multitude of different British motorways.
Roadchef entrusted Star Digital with creating and implementing and on-page and technical SEO strategy to increase traffic to their website and to increase Roadchef's overall search visibility online. In addition, Roadchef were looking to take their website to the next level, improve overall design and usability but also wanted to ensure it was not only seen, but had strong visibility against the competition.
The Approach & Strategy
With Google rankings being almost currency in the Digital Marketing Space, we knew the importance of ensure the SEO of the website was a significant contributor to brand awareness and driving traffic. Following on from this, the challenge was to then offer the most relevant user experience. Our approach was to look at the current performance of the website from a user perspective and identify the pain points that users would experience. Star Digital also implemented the below:
- Analyse the website and identify user pain points when going through the customer journey
- On-page SEO focusing on prominent meta and content issues
- Optimising images and videos to increase page speed
- Focus on ranking for important key words in the industry through content creation
- Monthly reporting to ensure complete transparency and to focus on the brands KPIs
- A 156% increase in organic traffic since 2016
- A 176% increase in new users obtain via organic sources
- Roadchef now rank on page 1 for a number of important keywords