2. The Information we collect
Information is collected from you when you register with us, or when you contribute to or use some of the advanced features on the site. The information we collect is clearly set out on the web page on which we collect it.
We collect data from users that sign up for newsletters and marketing ideas on our website, or make a sales enquiry using an RFI or Contact Us form.
We collect name, company name, email and telephone data in most cases.
3. How do we use the information we collect
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally.
We use the information to collect aggregated analytics about site usage.
We use the information to deliver marketing and event communications via email and direct mail.
We process personal data in accordance with the GDPR regulations as follows
- Consent – where a user has opted in to receive communications via email. Users can withdraw consent at any time by clicking on an unsubscribe link in an email.
- Legitimate Interests – where we are obliged to communicate in the course of business such as invoicing, renewals, subscriptions.
- Legal Obligation – We are legally bound to store financial information for the applicable period that is dictated by UK law.
4. Who we disclose it to
4.1 We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
4.2 If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
4.4 We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
4.5 We store data for a reasonable period of time, generally in accordance with the legth of commercial contract or until an unsubscribe is received. If you want your data to be removed this will be done so in a secure manner.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under the GDPR, we respect the right of data subjects to access and control their personal data.
Below we have outlined your rights:
- Access to personal information
- Correction and deletion
- Withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- Data portability
- Restriction of processing and objection
- Lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you wish to exercise your right(s) please contact us by emailing email@example.com
5. Data Protection
Star Digital Marketing Services Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further details of the registration are available at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
We act as a data processor for clients using our web based services. All data is secured and managed as follows;
- Our Data Processing Facilities, are secured by lock and key, alarm system outside of the normal hours of operation 9-5.30pm Monday-Friday
- No unauthorised use of the Data Processing and Data Storage Systems are allowed and these are secured by secure passwords with blocking after 3 incorrect attempts.
- No unauthorised Reading, Copying, Changes or Deletions of Data within the system are allowed. Only named individuals are allowed to make any changes to data on behalf of the client and following specific written instruction.
- No unauthorised Reading, Copying, Changes or Deletions of Data is allowed without express written instruction from the client.
- No third party data processing as per Article 28 GDPR is allowed without corresponding instructions from the Client, e.g.: clear and unambiguous contractual arrangements, formalised Order Management, strict controls on the selection of the Service Provider, duty of pre-evaluation, supervisory follow-up checks.
- Where data is stored in third party systems supplied by us we apply the above principals within those applications.
The following 3rd parties also act as data processors on behalf of our clients and they have agreed GDPR policies in place that apply to both us and our clients:
- Nexcess Hosting
- Rackspace Hosting
- IBM Watson
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us at the address below:
- Star Digital
- Long Barn
- Sywell Road
- NN6 0AB