Shopify not only supports the changing face of retail but are actively trying to allow merchants to conduct safe face to face transactions as we move into the new normal.
Shopify have recently announced an exciting upgrade to their POS (Point of sale) tools. This update provides a seamless retail solution for Omnichannel Merchants allowing them to future-proof their business by enabling them to operate traditional retail to transact in person wherever there is an internet connection.
Unifying in-store and online sales, the Shopify POS tools are an extremely important part of the forward thinking retailer’s armoury.
Now more than ever it’s time to adapt the way you connect with your customers. Using the Shopify POS, merchants can strengthen sales conversions everywhere they sell, streamlining store management, helping to build stronger relationships with customers. POS has all the essential features you need to make sales, take card payments, track performance , and manage customers, orders, and inventory.
Shopify recently quoted;
“Whether they’re new to ecommerce, exploring curbside pickup, or finding creative ways to continue serving their buyers, every merchant can benefit from an omnichannel solution that syncs inventory, customers, orders, and more. That’s why we’re introducing the all-new Shopify POS, a better solution for your clients and users.”
Shopify have outlined an array of benefits that include:
• Quick Access to apps with their Smart Grid
- With apps being an important feature with Shopify they’ve aimed to provide the best experience possible in the latest POS update. The Smart Grid interface makes it easier for merchants to spotlight apps, discounts and workflows that are often used right from the home screen.
• Improved Customer Experience
- During the Covid-19 pandemic managing a store while maintain the safety of employees and customers is the biggest challenge retailers currently face. With the Kerbside Pickup functionality Merchants can create customised instructions to allow pickups at their store. This allows companies to survive and customers to order while maintaining current safety protocols.
• Staff Permissions
- Convenience in this day and age is priceless. With the latest POS update merchants can set the right permissions for each member of staff allowing them to create a positive customer experience.
The all-new Shopify POS includes:
- Global Search: Allowing staff to help customers effectively and efficiently.
- Ease of use: The improved interface allows in-store associates to navigate their system seamlessly
- Better staff management: The new POS includes staff roles and permissions, allowing companies to protect sensitive information & customer data while keeping all members of staff connected to the POS system.
- Ship from multiple locations: The all-new POS connects warehouses and stores together, allowing merchants to search for products at different locations and ship directly to customers. This helps sales clerks to coordinate and automatically calculates shipping rates at checkout.
The Shopify POS is one powerful platform that provides all the tools a merchant needs to manage their business, market to customers and sell everywhere in one technology stack. Merchant’s can adapt and grow their business by utilising the Unified Reporting and advanced inventory features that allow the transfer of stock based on inventory forecasts and performance.
It doesn’t end there! Shopify have outlined how their all-new POS can help merchants to grow their business. For more information and benefits click here.
The latest POS is available now, and as a real incentive in these troubled times the guys at Shopify are giving merchants the Shopify POS Pro features free until October 31st, 2020, so if you think this is something that will benefit your company then please contact our team over the phone or via email for more information.